That view and that reflection!
Is it worth that side trip from Tokyo, Kyoto or Osaka?
- Typical journey takes at least 2.5 hours from either Tokyo or Kyoto because the trip entails travelling via at least one or more of the following: Shinkansen, Limited Express Train, local express buses, express bus from Tokyo, self-driving
- Timetable means you have to make it on time for each connection or you will likely face a 30-minute wait for the next scheduled ride
- 114km driving route from Tokyo
- 416km driving route from Osaka
- 370km driving route from Kyoto
- Kyoto -> Odawara -> Hakone -> Gotemba -> Kawaguchiko -> Otsuki Station -> Shinjuku
- Shinjuku / Tokyo -> Kawaguchiko -> Shinjuku / Tokyo [usually by Express Coach]