YourPasar was in the market for a reliable camera for its travels and had quite a few choices, but the Panasonic TZ90 (aka ZS70 in certain countries) sealed the deal.
Here are the pros that tipped the scale in favour of the 20.3 megapixel Panasonic TZ90:
- Portability: 322g (definitely lighter than most DSLRs and mirrorless cameras) and 67.3mm X 41.2mm X 112.0mm
- Zoom: 30X Optical Leica DC lens zoom with ultra high speed focusing
- 4K UHD: Shoots 4K videos and 4K photos (including 4K selfies) with post focus function
- Selfie mode: 4K selfie with 180 deg tiltable screen, selection of filters and shutter functions
- Screen: 3.0″ 1040k-dot tilt touch screen
- Viewfinder: 0.2 inch 1,166k-dot Live View Finder for ease of use in harsh sunlight
- WiFi: great for use with the official Panasonic Image app which allows remote shutter, geotagging, transfers etc.
- Time Lapse video function
YourPasar can verify that the above pros really came in handy with family and friends asking what camera was being used.
However, there are a few things to note:
- It is expectedly heavier than your typical point-and-shoot cameras due to the longer lens.
- If you intend to purchase a tripod to use with it, do take into account the weight distribution with lens extended and get a sturdy one (YourPasar used the Manfrotto Compact Action aluminium tripod with hybrid head).
- Not the best pictures under low light and longest zoom due to the aperture limitations (may recommend tripod, steady surface or a gimbal for long zoom mode)